Wednesday, November 10, 2010

WIring, wiring and more wiring. Plus rusty nuts

So this will be a short one. I have started breaking down the bike, the more and more that I look at this, its basically its a XR200 in a hard-tail. Now just how much its a XR200 remains to be seen. It looks like it has a magneto system hidden in it like the good old dirtbike but until I get a better look at it apart I will not be sure.

If it has a magneto then I can ripe out most if not all of the wiring, Including the battery. 


As for paint and powder, the frame is in remarkable good shape, everything thats painted is good. Everything raw looks like this crawled out of a pit at the bottom of the ocean. This includes the chrome,
I intend to powder coat just about everything anyway or anodize it worst case.

I will also have to zinc plate all the replacement bolts, plus I will be going to grade 8 the structural stuff if I can track most of it down.

I also fabbed up a plate in solidworks for the starter motor cover. This runs just fine but I hate the look of it on the motor. I also want to eliminate the battery box and oil bag for ascetics as well which is what started the whole wiring ideas

1 comment: