Monday, November 15, 2010

Finalizing "Rusty Nail"

Ok so I have finished frame/mount painting and the front tin. Basically I am trying to get it to the point where I can get the motor back in and start the basic wiring that I need to do and get the wheels and tires back on. Then it will be a little bit out of the way and I can finalize some of the custom details. 


I am using a Rustolium primer base with a metric ton of additives to get the look that I want. The front fender is standard auto glossy black for inspection with the insurance company. On a better note I got the new license plates, and plates for the SSR which means after three months of waiting I can finally drive the darn thing. Its been a 25K paperweight because of the CA DMV. 


So I am hoping to have the bike fully legal and drivable thanksgiving weekend. Ambitious but should be doable if I don't start tearing into the LS2 for the planned upgrades. 


Also I f;d up the lower tree due to a bad mix or scratch coat. So I have to spray that AGAIN, which is another mess that I need to curtail. 



No comments:

Post a Comment