Thursday, November 11, 2010

final Breakdown before custom stuff.


OK Bike is fully broken down now. Took about 7 hours due to the rust and the trees not behaving due to corrosion.

Boxes from the left

1. Stuff to be polished.

2. Powdercoat box (unknown color)

3. Tins, (Sprayed with ETOH)

4. Tires/Rims (Right is cleaned with one wipe of some cleaner I made years ago, Soaking chrome in B. Acid tomorow ) Will take at least two days at 0.2N concentration till I can polish and clear them.

5. Trash, and there is a lot of it. All turn signals, all wiring beyond the CDI Coil and Mag. Front fender, front light, battery box, oil bag, shopped part of the rear fender, assorted debris.

Bucket. All the hardware to be soaked in B acid then Zinc Plated at home.

Still no idea on my paint options, black would be the common choice with maybe a PVD like coating on the trees but that would be boring.





In the OHH SHIT category two of the motor mount bolts were cracked all the way through and one had major issues that would result in a crack. Glad I took them out and checked. 


I also ran a few numbers in COSMOS I doubt that I am going to stretch the frame just to risky without  some major structure reinforcement which would ruin the lines of the bike and raise the visual look of it which is the exact opposite of what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment