Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ok another thought

So the bike is complete and put together. I have about two miles on it and man is it rough. I forgot about how hard a hardtail bike rides. The last bike I was on was a ultra glide classic just for a point of comparison.

So onto the wiring. It was not kikker but the motor. It was grounding out is some weird was and killing the spark trigger. So I need to apologize on that one.

It now has a upgrade Ducati scooter CDI box for more power. No Baffle, and the carb is reall dialed in. Loud as hell now.

Also I did a little trick to the clutch cable, where I put a little bit of tygon tubing ~1 inch near the clutch leaver so that its a bit softer on the takeup and it makes dragging the clutch out a bit on hills easier.

So all in all it was a fun project. The bike is done, I can now operate a suicide shift with some regality and its now for sale on the kikker forum and craiglist so I can clean out some room.

I have the SSR up for sale as well, and with the sale of the viper a few months back I am done to just my daily driver. So thinking of buying a ultra glide or a street glide and doing some major fab work on it. Nothing like this bike where I built it to look like a rat bike but clean solid custom work like from the old days.

 

1 comment:

  1. Howdy, how did you remove the battery? I was trying to do the same however I had issues powering the lights and whatnot. Is it possible to give me a quick rundown of the wiring schematics, referring to the Mag, coil, CDI, and what to do with the starter solenoid, battery and voltage rectifier. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete